Administrative Assistant, great opportunity for new University Grad
Our client is looking for an intelligent, capable and mature Administrative Assistant to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a close-knit team and gain invaluable experience that will allow you to grow and develop your already established administrative knowledge. If you are looking for an organization that really invests in its people and is making a difference in BC this may be the opportunity for you.
Working from their Vancouver office with knowledge of greater BC, the ideal candidate will be warm individual who is eager and willing to assist in the day to day running of this small office. The ability to manage all interactions with necessary discretion and sensitivity is a desired trait of the ideal candidate.
Reporting to the Executive Manager and Specified Projects Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing front line communication and information to stakeholders and providing clerical and administrative support. You are professional, easy going, have an exceptional attention to detail, the ability to juggle a number of balls at once and can learn quickly without instruction.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Answering and redirecting calls coming into switchboard, managing queries and escalating where necessary
- Monitoring and replying to all incoming emails
- Responsible for the day to day running of the office
- Scheduling meetings including, ordering catering, and maintaining the on-line schedule
- Maintaining all office and kitchen supplies and liaising with vendors as required
- Responsible for the office petty cash box and monthly reporting
- Maintaining company’s contact lists and filing systems
- Developing, designing and maintaining Office Training Manual
- Formatting presentation materials and creating and maintaining document templates
- Maintains, and tracks accounts. Determines eligibility of reimbursement according to established policies and guidelines. Processes requisitions, invoices, journal vouchers and travel claims
- Organizing travel including, accommodation and registering for conferences and seminars
- Maintain the aesthetic of the office ensure all areas including the kitchen and meeting spaces are keep clean at all times
- Preparing agenda materials (photocopying, mailing, couriering, and emailing) relating to meetings and/or projects, for distribution to meeting participants and following up with Honoraria claim forms
- Conducting online research on various subjects at the request the Executive Manager
- Maintain and update information on the company website
- Attending offsite events, conferences, and seminars as required
- Providing support in the preparation and delivery of the courses, such as sending out course materials, and shipping of equipment
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school graduation supplemented by business and secretarial courses equivalent to up to one year of study with at least 2-5 years related experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of greater BC mandatory
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to set-up and maintain electronic and paper files
- Proven ability to multitask, balance priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy including intermediate level experience with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet Explorer
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #2782-D, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.