Temporary Administrative Assistant
Our client is a well-renowned Vancouver Organization and a leader in their field. They are looking for a polished and professional individual, who is extremely flexible and detail orientated with superior communicational skills and strong problem solving ability.
The Temporary Administrative Assistant will report to the head of the department and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director and wider team.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Opening, sorting and recording incoming mail, identifying and highlighting high priority mail and logging outgoing mail
· Maintain and check department Inbox and Fax throughout the day; forward emails to appropriate individuals and deleting junk mail/faxes
· Filing and retrieving Executive Office correspondence for the department
· Proof reading documentation, as requested from the Executive Director, and others who may require assistance
· Answering phones as required, responding to routine enquiries or directing callers to the appropriate individual
· Setting up and maintaining databases for the Department
· Preparing cheque requisitions for approval and signature
· Maintaining and ordering office supplies for the department
· Set up meetings and ensuring catering is ordered
· Set up and maintain the files, opening, maintaining, and archiving as required
· Collates mailings as required
Skills & Qualifications
· Minimum of a High school qualification, supplemented by business and secretarial courses or equivalent of at least 3-5 years related experience
· MS Office suite, Outlook, Excel (high level), Word, and PowerPoint
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Highly organized and efficient
· Ability to set-up and maintain electronic and paper files
· Superior interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills
· Strong problem solving, critical thinking and diplomacy skills
· Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects
· Must be flexible and adaptable
· Patient yet firm
· Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
Must be available to interview and start immediately
This is a temporary assignment with the possibility for longer term or permanency.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Katherine Wu, Recruitment Consultant, or Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #2790-Ktemp, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.